Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Do you have what it takes to be a fabric designer?


Michael Miller Fabrics has partnered with Spoonflower.com to create Project Selvage, a competition to find the company's next licensed designer. If I could draw I would enter alas I can't so I'll leave it up to those who have that talent. Some of you will already know about Spoonflower - it is a site that you submit your designs and they will print it onto fabric for you, I have always been tempted to try it out but haven't gotten around to do it. According to the submission guidelines - The design theme for the initial round of submissions is baby fabric for boys. Michael Miller Fabrics and Spoonflower will pick the top 75 Semi-Finalists. The Semi-Finalists will be posted at Spoonflower.com for fans to vote.  Designs that get the top 10 votes will move to final round and design a collection of 6 designs. The top 10 collections will be posted on Spoonflower.com for the public to vote at Spoonflower.com.  The collection that gets the most votes will win!! And their collections (It will be both a boy and girl collection) will be debuted at International Quilt Market - Fall 2011. How exciting. Entres must be in by the 24th March.
For more information go to http://www.projectselvage.com/

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, I came in today (Sunday April 3) bought a few little things, asked about the Amy Butler fabric (but knew I'd go berserk if I started selecting) and asked you about your website. Thanks for your help and the really quick chat, I hope it all goes well for you.

    I am a blogger to, although not a patchwork enthusiast, but LOVE the fabrics. Your store IS FANTASTIC!

    The bag I had with me, is one of my own fabric designs and style, printed using Spoonflower.

    All the best...T from designed to a T

    ReplyDelete