Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

I have an addiction.......

Ok I have to admit I have an addiction...... I'm currently addicted to Foundation Paper Piecing.

In July we have the Paper Piecing Queen -- Carol Doak from the USA coming to teach for our Quilting in the Highlands retreat in July (www.berrimapatchwork.com.au/quilting
) Carol has written 19 books, over 1 million books in print, she has raised the popularity of paper piecing, her trademark technique, to heights never before seen in the world of quiltmaking. If you want to learn how to foundation paper piece,  Carol is without question the person to learn from.
Carol has a Yahoo group which I thought I would join up to (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CarolDoakQuiltingGroup/ 
Anyone can join this group and it is fantastic. Carol posts group challenges, mystery quilts etc - which include free paper pieced patterns she has designed. Carol's currently challenge is to make a project using a 5 point star which she has designed (and there are prizes!).

 
So at the moment I'm busy designing a project, this is one of the stars that will be included in it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment