Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Long Beach International Quilt Festival Day 5

The final day..... my bags are packed I fly home tonight, but what fun I've had.
Today was my final class with Judith Baker Montano - embroidery of Trees and Shrubs. Some of you will know that I am not a hand quilter, I try to avoid it as much as possible. However when I saw this class I thought, I have to do it, without realising that it was a hand embroidery class (I thought it was on machine!). Anyway when I was packing for the trip and getting all my bits and pieces together I saw sewing needles and hand needles and realised what I had signed up for. So I was a bit hesitant when I walked into the class, but what fun it was and a great learning experience. Here are a few photos from the class. For those of you who like Judith's work she has a new book coming out later this year (I've ordered it for the shop) called "Fibreart Montage - combining photography, embroidery, quilting with embellishments" It should be in the shop in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment