Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Canmore Quilt Shop

So I've had a few days up here in Banff, loving every minute of it. Just outside Banff (about 15 minute drive) is a town called Canmore. This town has a very well known quilt shop, which I have never been to and on this trip I was not going to miss out.
With two friends of mine (who have never been into a quilt shop let alone sewn anything!) we went out on a day trip.
The Sugar Pine Quilt Shop is located 737 Tenth Street, at 7th Avenue Canmore. They have parking available in a small parking lot next to the shop. The quilt shop is located upstairs however downstairs they do stock wool and some other fabrics. If you are looking for a kit with the rockies them this is the shop to visit (I picked up a few for myself while I was there). They have a great selection of fabrics from traditional to batiks, childrens and flannels. Great displays are on show throughout the shop. The staff are very friendly and I did get to the meet the owners while I was there. I did have the opportunity to buy some Canadian Maple Leaf Flannel and Ice Hockey Fabric. They do have classes with some good teachers (they have Gloria Loughman there this year). If you are ever in the Canadian Rockies area make sure you go and have a look. 
Sugar Pine Quilt Shop  Sugar Pine Quilt Shop
Sugar Pine Quilt Shop  Sugar Pine Quilt Shop
Sugar Pine Quilt Shop Sugar Pine Quilt Shop
Sugar Pine Quilt Shop  Sugar Pine Quilt Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment