Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Visit to Banff, Canada

I felt I needed to post some photos from my time up in Banff. Banff is located in the Canadian Rockies and is a place I love. I lived and worked here for several years and have just spend a few days here seeing friends and doing the "tourist thing"
Here are some photos of the area.
The Bow River
The Bow River     
        
Lake
Lake Minnewanka - still frozen!


Main Street Banff
The Main Street of Banff
  


Mt Rundle
Mount Rundle

Little Friend 
      A Little "Friend"  

  The Hoodoos
The Hoodoos in Banff

This was the quilt that I made for my friends Linda and Peter - made out of flannel perfect for the winter months here.
Flannel Quilt
This is the view from Linda and Peter's house - how good is this view (makes me almost want to move back!)
View          

I do have to give a big plug for my friend Linda who is the Head Chef up at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. While I was in the Rockies I worked here for a year. If you want to try out some "Canadian" food this is the place to go to, you can try Elk, Caribou and Buffalo all from their game farm. The Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant in located in the main lodge. Their hotel is stunning with a great "lodge" feel. If you are in the area make sure you go and check them out, they have their menu available to view on their site.


The other place I have to put in a word for is the Rimrock Resort Hotel. This was another hotel I had the opportunity to work for while I was in Canada. This hotel has the BEST views of the town of Banff, much better than those that you will get from the Banff Springs hotel (and the rooms are larger than those at the springs). They also have the only 5 Diamond Restaurant in the area - Eden, if you are into food this is the place to eat. If you have a chance check out their banquet area - the foyer area is in Art Deco style.


So that is the end of my trip up to Canada, time to head back to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment